Key Stage 2 – Year 6
Please click the file to see a summary of the units taught which will be adapted to meet the needs and interests of the learner.
The unit summary provides just a flavour of what is taught and learned, for further information please contact:
Mrs Tracey Holmes
As part of our Whittle School Guarantee, children in year 6 will also:
- have annual programmes of lessons to teach them how to keep themselves safe delivered by accredited KIDSAFE teachers
- experience independent travel
- take part in a global environmental awareness project
- undertake peer responsibilities
- perform Shakespeare to an audience at the Charter Theatre in the City of Preston
- complete First Aid training
- complete a Transition Passport
- participate in a Time to Talk evening with past pupils
- enjoy oudoor and adventurous activities on a residential holiday
- visit a live musical theatre
- participate in competitive events
- engage in the World of Work – careers convention
- build personal and safety awareness through SRE, drug education, fire safety, quarry safety, water safety, school nurse
- visit a place of worship of another faith or have a visitor in school for the day
All children are encouraged to have musical instrument lessons. We have music teachers for keyboard, guitar, woodwind, brass, strings and we have a music specialist who leads our choir. If your child wishes to take lessons, we have a number of instruments that we can loan for the first year Please speak to Mrs Cummins.
Children in year 6 are encouraged to join our main school choir run by a music specialist. This year our choir is performing at the MEN with 7000 children from schools across the north west. WE ARE SO EXCITED!
The documents below have been amended Feb 2016. If you previously downloaded them there are only minor alterations that have been made