Key Stage 2 – Year 4
Our Year 4 Curriculum embraces National Curriculum 2014 and has been designed to provide exciting curriculum units.
The files provide just a flavour of what is taught and learned, for further information please contact:
Through the Whittle School Guarantee, children in Year 4 will also:
- have annual programmes of lessons to teach pupils how to keep themselves safe delivered by accredited KIDSAFE teachers
- complete a team-building experience
- participate in the Easter Production
- publish work to a wider audience using web, podcasts
- participate in a one night residential
- develop their own personal learning journals
- engage in series of well being lessons
- develop collaborative learning skills and apply skills to real life contexts
- visit a place of worship for another faith or have a visitor for the day
All children are encouraged to have musical instrument lessons. We have music teachers for keyboard, guitar, woodwind, brass, strings and we have a music specialist who leads our choir. If your child wishes to take lessons, we have a number of instruments that we can loan for the first year Please speak to Mrs Cummins
Children in year 4 are encouraged to join our main school choir run by a music specialist. This year our choir is performing at the MEN with 7000 children from schools across the north west. WE ARE SO EXCITED!
The documents below were updated Feb 2016. If you have previously downloaded them, there are only minor changes.