Our Priorities for this year 2016/17 are currently being discussed and ratified by the governing body. They will focus on:
- Raising the profile of reading and further accelerate progress
- Increasing levels of progress for girls in maths so that girls enjoy the exceptional progress of boys
- Developing the role of middle leaders in school- providing opportunities for sharing research based learning with other staff and raising the profile of their subject
- Further developing Governor involvement in partnership with pupils to develop Whittle-le-Woods CE Primary School as a church school.
We also hope add to our pupil accommodation by building a new classroom block which will include a spacious Year 6 classroom, an additional group room, cloakroom and toilet facilities.
A New Outdoor Reflection Area
In September 2016, we found out that our lottery bid had been successful. This will provide us with £10,000 to develop an area of our school into a Reflection Area with sensory planting for children to enjoy.
Our work with Blackburn Diocese 2016/17
We have been asked by Blackburn Diocese to work with the Board of Education in 2016/17 to trial and develop new curriculum material for other schools in the diocese. Whittle-le-Woods CE Primary School is very excited to be part of curriculum innovation.
Our Priorities for last year 2015/16 were:
- To raise provision and the profile of teaching for gifted and talented children throughout school to staff and governors
- The gap between boys’ writing to close in on the girls’ standard of writing across the school.
- To engage parents to raise standards further for better pupil outcomes.
- To develop Christian Values, pupil and governor involvement in worship planning and evaluation
Our Priorities for last year were 2014/15 were:
- To raise attainment in writing in all phases
- To develop assessment processes to ensure good and outstanding progress across the school
- To raise quality of teaching through professional collaboration
- To develop school environment to create focus for learning, Christian values and spiritual connection